Thursday, June 17, 2010

Josh Ritter's "The Curse"

At the risk of looking like all I do is post videos or links to them, I want to share a video version of a song I've fallen in love with. It's about the revival and romance of an Egyptian mummy!

Marionette puppeteer Liam Hurley conceived, produced and directed this video adaptation of Josh Ritter's song "The Curse." I find it sweet, whimsical and melancholy, and I like Ritter, who seems influenced by Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, and Leonard Cohen. Hurley is the drummer for Ritter's band.



You've probably seen this already-- it's getting thousands of hits at YouTube. But if not, I am happy to introduce you to this charming monster video!

You can read more about the making of it HERE.
And to read Ritter's lyrics to the song, go here.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Very lovely. I too love mummies, puppet and otherwise. I like the way the light glints off of the puppets eyes when they look at each other.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Very cool!! See what I miss when I am out?! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails