Wednesday, July 14, 2010

FM Convention promo with Mark Redfield!

My friend Mark Redfield, the actor (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Death of Poe) and I were seen in a local news video the opening day of the Famous Monsters con. It was shot around 7:00 a.m., long before the convention opened. I was amazed at how smooth Mark was after having gotten very little sleep the night before. But here, see for yourself:


I'm even seen at the end. (I was there only because I had my android body on and had volunteered to help drive people over to the TV station.)

Mark is an amazing talent. He acts, directs and writes-- and paints cartoons! It's a fresh way to do cartoon work-- most are drawn and inked, or painted by airbrush. Or, increasingly, colored with a computer program. I don't see anyone cartooning with paint and brush, and I like what Mark is doing. Here's a link to more of his stuff.

I love my new blog banner-- and it's by Mark (with text and a wee bit o' modification by me.) I am very proud to feature it.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Awww Max. :) Look at how cute you are!
Your body looks amazing by the way. So life like! :P

Love the look on Marks face when the interviewer mentioned "Shutter Island" in comparison to what you guys are celebrating. Haha.. kind of like.. "Hmmm, oh yeah." :P

((Hugs))
Laura

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

That is a sweet banner. How cool is that. You are just the center of the universe....I like hanging out here :)

Thanks for sharing for us unfortunate souls that could not attend.

Cheers!

Max the drunken severed head said...

Laura and Chris-- THANKS!

There's more to come!

Mike C. said...

Wonderful stuff!
I met Mark at Monsterpalooza back in April, a very talented guy, very nice and exhibits a great sense of humor! We kept running into each other the whole weekend and each time he'd wag his finger at me and say 'you're following me' or 'we gotta stop meeting like this', etc. It's great to see you guys on this video.

Unknown said...

Your "Android body"... Yes, hmmm. I have pictures of the Mayor and Phil's ass while they are cutting the grand-opening ribbon. I'm calling it my "Behind the 'BEHINDS'money shot"... LoL

John Rozum said...

I was hoping that when they panned back across the table with the busts of Werewolf of London, Cornelius and Peter Lorre that your head would be there mugging for the camera.

Mark is a great guy and he handled that very well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails