Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Wish List

Okay, so this is really my "Wish in one hand, pee in the other, see which fills up the fastest" list.

But gee, Virginia, if there really IS a Santa Claus, I so want this (and I'm only putting this ONE thing on my wish list to prove I'm not greedy):

That's right--the dream of every boy and girl: one's very own taxidermied bat! With jeweled eyes even and perched inside a faux Victorian bird cage made from salvaged vintage metal!

How cool is this? THIS would be perfect for my house--I love this kind of creepy handicraft.

It's offered by "ravenofskys" on this Etsy page, the source of the photos above. (I did tweak the pics just a bit for better clarity.) It's had 1602 viewings so far, but at $450, no takers since its initial posting. (Not sure when that was, but I found it on Nov. 13; it now shows a listing date of Nov. 17.) Ravenskys is the Etsy moniker of one Raven Young, a gothic artist who describes herself as a "female outsider artist from Berks County Pennsylvania."

If she showed up outside on my doorstep with this, she'd be an "insider" real quick.

And if you came to my place, saw this, and said you liked it, you would probably be my friend for life.
_______________________

"HOLLYWOOD KARMA" Sorta-related Link: Plague of rabid bats hits L.A.!

13 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

I really do like it, that is a conversation piece.

Hip-Hop Hikikomori said...

What's with the jeweled eyes? I'd actually prefer a regular stuffed bat.

Trees said...

That is completely awesome!!

www.adventuresofagirlofnaki.blogspot.com

Melissa Walker said...

You know, a crafty drunken severed head could keep an eye out at yard sales and eclectic furniture stores for a Victorian bird cage. Then, the crafty severed drunken head could go to the Halloween store and buy one of those bat props and hang it in the cage!

Yes. Thank me whenever you get the time. *vampire fan superiority complex intended*

Hollygoyle said...

Nice. Very nice. If only I had an extra $450 laying around...

Jenn said...

I've been coveting this very same piece on Etsy for awhile. So much so, that I found a vintage cage on eBay for like thirty bucks and a freeze dried bat at necromance.com for like another thirty, and made my own. Voila. I just saved myself like 340 bucks. (I suck at math.) It looks just as good and she's had that piece listed for ever!

I do have some of her little coffin boxes, which while still overpriced, are pretty sweet. Now, I need one of her bird skull necklaces...

Alice T. said...

So lovely, I want one too!!

Nick Vanetti said...

Very nice, cool stuff. Feel free to checkout my blog, and do comment :)

http://talesofvanity.blogspot.com

John Rozum said...

I have a taxidermied bat, and a cage, but as much as I like you, Max, they're staying with me.

Carrie said...

Have you seen Madame Talbot's Lowbrow Victorian website? You need to see it. Now.

Unknown said...

All I know is you are a friend for life and I wish I had money to give, because I would. I do have $2.00 on a Amex card, would that help?

Unknown said...

I should first read the other 11 posts, so brb, right, there I am. Well I spent the two dollars, and forgot I was looking at a drunkensevered, but I digress, what I was really going to post was something more about me. Kind of like the scariest movie ever would be "Fishings Entire Life", albeit- it's not over yet, it scares the shit out of me. Thats all.

Max the drunken severed head said...

So many great comments that I don't know where to start. And I need sleep--so off to Little Nemo's realm I go-- for now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails