Thursday, April 15, 2010

Can't wash that film right outta her hair

Writer Stacie Ponder has found a sham poo film.

In case you don't slavishly read every post here at TDSH, I recently wrote about what I like to call a "sham poo" film. No, not the Warren Beatty film or films like it. I mean films that are "faux feces"-- sham poo-- or not entirely cinematic pieces of shit, even though they might seem so reading a description of them. Near duds but with something worthwhile and, importantly, enduring about them. Sham poo films are ones that ought to come with the instructions, "Watch. Wince. Repeat."

(Yeah, I know-- it's a tortured path to a coupla cheap gags. But the concept is still viable, and once you know the term "sham poo film" and the explanation behind it, I won't have to keep posting the set up when I refer to one.)

At the risk of looking like a Stacie Ponder stalker (since I just posted a link to her review of Spider Baby), I want to post a link to her Final Girl review of The Birds II: Land's End. She has found something of value in it-- a feat never before accomplished by film-o-philes. Read her review and maybe YOU will want to find this sequel movie that might be a POS-- or might POSsibly not be one.

Amazon marketplace sellers of unwanted VHS tapes should send her a "thank you" card.

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I can think of a few Sham-poo movies - starting with the new version of Clash of the Titans.

DILLIGAF said...

Dr Doolittle II springs immediately to mind as it was on Sky today. Unbelievably sham-poo!

Personally I use Head & Shoulders...

Porfle Popnecker said...

I've seen "The Birds II: Land's End", and as far as I'm concerned, it's definitely real poo.

BTW...y'all sell fake poo?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails