Saturday, October 3, 2009

Countdown Day 3: A Halloween cereal killer--of time


The picture above is a scan of the back of a Kellogg's cereal box that I did in October of 2004. (I'm not sure what cereal, but I'm guessing Cocoa Krispies.) Anyway, I bought the box because it had numerous Halloween activities on the back; they reminded me of similar activities found in the October issues of Highlights and Jack and Jill magazines that I read as a kid. And the art on the box had a Will Elder feel to me, reminding of the busy panels of old Mad parodies.

Click on the scan for a large image and find hidden objects, solve puzzles, do a crossword and find your way through a maze! Amazed was how I felt when first saw this box back--so much crammed in a small space, and they gave over the back in its entirety for some kid-friendly activities. Quite a nice display of Halloween spirit for a commercial business!

2 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

How fun! And you kept it! Very good move!

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Max the drunken severed head said...

At the risk of sounding like those uber-polite cartoon chipmunks, "No, Thank YOU for commenting!"

Here, have a drink, my friend. 1989 Night Train. A very good year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails