Friday, November 6, 2009

Jovanka Vuckovic steps down from RUE MORGUE mag

Jovanka Vuckovic, the editor who built Rue Morgue magazine into a Rondo Award-winning horror journal par excellence, has decided to leave, having a baby on the way and wanting to focus on other artistic endeavors. As she announced on her Facebook page,

"After seven years as Editor of Rue Morgue Magazine, the time has come for me to move on. I worked very hard to make the magazine the best it could possibly be the entire time I was there and I'm proud of my contribution to it and the status I helped elevate it to. But a career in journalism has never been a goal of mine. It was an interesting detour, that's for sure, but I have always been a writer and an artist and have had a strong desire to follow my instinct to create...

"In the meantime, I am currently focusing on my most creative and challenging endeavour to date: the birth of my first child, which is currently growing in my womb...It's an exciting and very happy time for my fiancee and I. We couldn't be more thrilled."

She will be missed! I wish her success in her new projects and my best wishes for a healthy baby and a happy family life.

I had the pleasure of getting to know her a little at this year's Wonderfest convention, and was there win she picked up the Rondo Award for Rue Morgue. Here she is, about to put her "stamp of approval" on my head!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails