Sunday, February 27, 2011

4TH Birthday of TDSH!

Today's the fourth birthday of this blog. As cake is the "official" dessert of birthdays, I went window shopping on the web to find you all some cakes of the weird kind. Here, try some.

First some cognac cake:

(Cake made by Russian artist Zhanna Zubova)

Or some "Severed head and Lilliputian zombies" cake:

Image source here. (Flickr account of The Bleeding Heart Bakery)

(Perhaps it's a"Brobdingnagian severed head and regular-size zombies" cake.)

I need more head! I mean, we need more heads! Of the monstrous variety:

Image source here. (Via Flickr account of The Ladygloom)

What? You say a cake with a severed head needs a headless body with it? Okay...

Image source here. (Via Flickr account of lynndy-lou)

A cake just maid for the likes of me! (Groan all you want. It's my party and I'll pun if I want to!)

Perhaps you'd rather have some breakfast. Here's some egg for you:

Image source here. (Via Flickr account of auroracakes/Dawn Leckie)

A cake worth taking out A lien for!

Finished your cognac and need something else to wash away the taste? Here's some Old Crow you'll be ravin' about:


Here's a cake that says "Bone appetit!":

Image source here. (Via Flickr account of Karen Portaleo/Highland Bakery)

Many zombie fans read this blog. Here are two cakes just for you:

Image source here. (Via Flickr account of Karen Portaleo/Highland Bakery)


For WTF whimsicality, nothing beats a "Tranformer-wearing-Groucho-glasses cake":

We need music for this party. Here's an organ:


Tired of birthday cake? Here's a "Mutilated shark" wedding cake for more delicious "hunh?" flavor:

Image source here. (Via Flickr account of The Ladygloom)

You must be tired of cake by now, so here's a "butt cake" to look at to kill your appetite:

Image source here. (Via Flickr account of Kreationaces Kity)

My thanks to all my readers, with a special thanks to my followers, commentators, guest posters, interviewees, supporters, and critics. All of you kept me posting.



All uncredited photos were ones I was unable to trace to their source.

20 comments:

Mike C. said...

Congrats and Happy 4th, oh DSH! Many more to you.

Nice cakes. (Can guys say that to each other?)

Max the drunken severed head said...

Thanks Mike!

"Nice cakes. (Can guys say that to each other?)"

Sure they can. Just don't comment on another guy's Twinkie...

Erick said...

Happy 4th birthday! You don't look a day over 3 1/2.

Jay Watson said...

I'm really hungry Max, can I please have a slice from EACH OF 'EM?
A Very Happy 4th Birtday to the RONDO AWARD WINNING Blog of a super decent chap!!! You don't look a day over 2 1/2 ;)
best,
r/e

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Drunken Severed Head!!

Gus--

Laura said...

Mmmmm, I'll have a small piece of each cake please!

Congratulations on 4 years of blogging! Here's to many, many more. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Tabitha said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you . . . Happy birthday, dear Drunken Severed Head . . . Happy birthday to you!

If I could get you a cake, it would be this one:http://www.flickr.com/photos/debbiedoescakesnet/4414796791/in/gallery-34444774@N06-72157623392695081/

Liz D-M said...

Happy Birthday, DSH, and many, many more!

suzanne said...

Happy Birthday! I'd go with the classic monsters cake. But perhaps I'm biased. :)

Meowlissa said...

Happy 4th, Happy 4th! Even a happy belated 4th! Thanks for giving me cake envy. ;)

Jeremy [Retro] said...

Happy 4th birthday! Happy 4th birthday! Happy 4th birthday! Happy 4th birthday!

Hollygoyle said...

Congratulations on your wonderful blog making it one more time around the sun!

Evil Taylor Hicks said...

Happy Birthday. If you like the Alien egg cake then you'll love this.

http://blastr.com/assets_c/2010/09/chesprimary-thumb-550x523-48212.jpg

wich2 said...

Salut, friend Max!

Long may TDSH wave. Or roll.

-Craig

Unknown said...

Happy Fourth Anniversary, man. Gawd, now I want cake.

Jenn said...

Yay! Happy Birfday! I served a cake recently that customers brought into the restaurant that was a Courvoisier bottle :)

thiswomanswork said...

Happy Birthday!

Shanester said...

Congratulations on your birthday. 4 years! Great blog site. All my best wishes to you both! Shane

John Rozum said...

Congratulations and happy belated to one of my favorite blogs.

Pierre Fournier said...

I'm late to this party because I was still celebrating your 3rd anniversary from last year. Man, the hangover will be HUGE.

Congratulations and very best wishes, Max. Thank you for your blog and your friendship.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails