Friday, February 29, 2008

Some readers have rewarded me...

...I think!

In honor of this blog's anniversary, various friends sent me poetry and droll anecdotes. (Okay, one friend sent two limericks he made up, and another friend sent a "blog anniversary joke" about a pirate, evidently because I remind her of the infamous outlaws of the high seas.) I am gratified by this immense outpouring of affection-- serves as a fine excuse for me to drink early!

Here's the limericks from friend Packy Paul:

What the Severed Head says - worth repeating.
Twelve months to the day - happy reading!
But the drunkenness part
Gave a dubious start
To his speech at the last A.A. meeting!

**********

One day ol' Max made a mistake
Fell asleep in a pan meant to bake
Later on they pretended
All along t'was intended
Max should EAT his way out of the cake!

(Paul-- wanting to see ME pop out of a cake-- instead of a stripper-- is a serious sign of mental maladjustment. Please get help soon.)

Now, as the big finish to this post, I present friend Linda's blog anniversary joke:

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel attached to the front of his trousers. The bartender says to the pirate, "Hey, you have a steering wheel on the front of your trousers!" And the pirate says, "Arrr! It's drivin' me nuts!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's been that long already?! Congratulations on a blog that's got legs, even if it's owner doesn't.

Max the drunken severed head said...

Thanks for the funny comment, Iloz!

Great line! I wish I'd said it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails