First, in no particular order, are ten currently active blogs I haven't previously praised much but which I admire. I pass on the Honest Scrap award to them, but WITHOUT the obligation to do ANYTHING else at all, if they don't want to. Just don't like obligating other folks--and I never send out chain letters or e-mails either. But the following are award-worthy:
The Horrors of it All
For its generosity to its readers and devotion to daily sharing of pre-code horror comics.
Igloo of the Uncanny
For its intelligent but fun use of a fictional persona, theme and setting, and great reviews.
For reflecting Erick B.'s wide-ranging tastes in horror, fantasy, and 60s and 70s nostalgia. A site as kind, low-key, and warm as its owner, Erick B.
Gospel of the Living Dead
For its erudition on the modern zombie.
Groovy Age of Horror
For its daring grooviness.
For making one's childhood traumas come vividly back to life by sharing those of others.
For its dead-ication to macabre and unusual art.
Love Train for the Tenebrous Empire
For being righteously wicked and funny.
The Uranium Cafe
For its readable reviews of trashed and treasured movies.
For being a thoughtful but joyous celebrant of the best of the worst in classic sci-fi.
Numbers 11 and 12, since I just can't stop at ten (Now I include blogs I've praised many times here at TDSH.)
Zombos' Closet of Horror
For his constancy as a source of horror-related news and reviews, and devotion to publicizing good horror blogs.
For keeping Shelley's hideous progeny healthy with celebration and scholarship about all things Frankenstein.
Now, for some reason, I'm supposed to share ten HONEST things about myself. Hmmm. Why limit it to the factual, when the semi-fictional can be so much fun? But, in honor of wiec?, here are ten true things about me:
- I had pizza with Abbie Hoffman once.
- I actually like some folk music, and some show tunes!
- I have a personal connection to the Central High Crisis, even though it happened before I was born.
- I once conducted a seance, but was disappointed by it, though others thought it a success.
- I once made rum cake that people could feel the burn of the rum from as it went down their gullets!
- I got a brief letter from Ray Bradbury the other day!
- I had a crush on Julie Newmar when I was a child.
- Monster movies and monster toys have been part of my life since I was three!
- I once played Bela Lugosi in a stage production of Glen or Glenda.
- I miss a lot of people who live in St. Louis, where I used to live.