Monday, August 17, 2009

My Krusty Carcass

(Ooooh, there's an appetizing subject line!)

A few weeks ago I picked up a new mask that I love a lot. It's an adult size, pretty gruesome mask from a 2006 kid's Halloween costume called KRUSTY CARCASS, made by Paper Magic Group. I got it at a costume shop for only $1.50, because it was old stock and the costume set of mask, shirt and pants was missing the shirt. Who cares about the shirt? I don't need a shirt OR pants.

It reminds me of old Topstone masks (but better), and also of images from E.C. horror comics. Feast ya peepers on this:




On the left in the photos above are 3 creepy Tingler-like toys I got at Walgreen's last year. They and the mask all sit on top of my computer.

Isn't that mask a thing of beauty and fine design? Well, I certainly think it is! Made me delirious that I could get it for UNDER TWO BUCKS! WOW!

Y'know, the mask kinda makes me think of a rotted Richard Nixon. Sort of a physical, outer portrait of his inner self (when he was alive), like the portrait of Dorian Gray.

You can your own Krusty Carcass at this link.

(At THIS link, you can see a governmental tariff ruling on Krusty Carcass that describes the costume set which describes the shirt part of the set as "imparting the essential character." (WTF??!!)

2 comments:

John Rozum said...

That's why it was a buck-fifty. Without the shirt it was no longer able to impart the essential character of a shambling corpse.

I imagine you wearing it and declaring that you're the head that rolled out from the boat in JAWS.

Max the drunken severed head said...

"I imagine you wearing it and declaring that you're the head that rolled out from the boat in JAWS."

And I think you know me too well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails