HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS
• If someone not immediately recognizable approaches you, walk (don't run) to your house and call the police.
• Do not wear a mask. It may obstruct your vision, and you could be mistaken for a robber or criminal of some type.
• Never go out after dark.
• Keep your distance from stray dogs, wild beasts or escaped zoo animals.
• Don't approach the property of persons not known to you personally for at least ten years.
• Avoid unusual costumes that could identify you as a trick-or-treater to lurking pedophiles.
• Carry pepper spray, chemical mace, or a handheld tasers. Don't carry guns or knives without the recommendation of an adult known personally to you for a minimum of ten years.
• Never accept candy or foodstuffs of any kind.
• Don't go out if you are under 18 years of age.
• Stay in your own home or yard.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! ENJOY IT SAFELY!
These tips come from those safety-minded brothers Mark and Max Cheney.
After writing a draft of this post, I found the following video at the great blog Magic Carpet Burn. I'm going to share it too!